Table of contents
Regulations for the winter semester 2022/2023
We are more than happy to welcome you in Berlin on campus!
Please find here the current status of the organisational details for the winter term:
- Lectures and Seminars are offered on campus.
- A Live-Stream is not always available. Teachers are not bound to offer lectures in hybrid form.
- There is not a general FFP2 mask requirement indoors. However, protect yourselve and others!
- Minimum distances are not mandatory.
- You can get a COVID self-test on campus.
- University-step-by-step plan to respond to energy/heat supply shortages:
- start heating season later
- reduction of the room temperature in general
- step-by-step if necessary: normal operation, reduced operation, emergency operation
Where can I find important deadlines?
You can find important dates and deadlines in the schedule for the current semester.
Which facilities are open?
The buildings are open during the day. Many buildings are only accessible for University members. Please use your student card or your employee access card to open the doors.Opening hours:
Online versus presence?
- Documents from in-person events are also made available online, but not necessarily in the form of a recording or livestream. It follows that you cannot expect in-person events to be recorded or streamed.
Can I obtain a certificate regarding the programme semester count/extension of the study period?
The duration of the study programme may be extended as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. As a result, we can therefore provide you with a certificate for the “Extension of the standard period of study” in accordance with a decision by the Berlin Senate. You can submit this when you make funding applications to BAföG, etc. The regulation concerning the “non-counting” of specific programme semesters applies only to the summer semester 2020, the winter semester 2020/2021, the summer semester 2021 and the winter semester 2021/22.
The certificate for the programme semester count in the above sense can be found in the LSF under “Extension of the standard period of study due to Covid-19 restrictions”.
Can I complete my studies on a part-time basis?
When applying for part-time study, it is no longer necessary to state a reason. You can also complete the final semester on a part-time basis. However, part-time study has no effect on the length of time taken to complete examinations, especially theses.
Back to the FAQ for students
Click here to return to the Overview page of the Corona FAQ for students.