Go East - Experience Russia
Working in co-operation with the German-Russian International Chamber of Commerce Moscow (Deutsch-Russischen Außenhandelskammer) and the Higher School of Economics Moscow, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) also runs an internship programme for Russia. This programme is funded by the Federal Ministry for Education and Research (BMBF).
Table of contents
What does the DAAD programme provide?
- A free-of-charge internship placement in a Russian firm.
- A monthly grant (currently 900 Euros).
- A travel costs allowance (currently 275 Euros).
- International healthcare, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Funding upon application of the costs of any Russian language course (max 250 Euros/month).
- The Moscow Higher School of Economics (HSE) issues a certificate with 11-12 ECTS Credit Points.
Language requirements (German, Russian or English) depend on the company involved.
Who is eligible for funding?
The programme is aimed at students and graduates of all subjects who wish to gather work experience in the Russian Federation. Graduates are only eligible to apply for this funding max. six months after the award of their degree. Funding is also open to those persons who in accordance with § 8 para. 1 point 2 ff., para. 2, para. 2a and para. 3 BAföG are entitled to the same treatment as German nationals.
Which activities are funded?
- Internship of six months.
- Funding period: October - 1 April.
- Voluntary internships are also eligible for funding.