The DAAD provides internships for students of the natural and engineering sciences within the framework of its programme "International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience".
Table of contents
What does IAESTE provide?
A free-of-charge internship placement in over 80 countries.
- A monthly grant of 670 Euros.
- A travel costs allowance to non-EU countries.
- Supervision during the internship.
Who is eligible for funding?
All HTW students of the natural and engineering sciences from the 4th subject-specific semester. Non-German students are also eligible.
Which activities are funded?
- A research trip or short internship of between 2 and 3 months in duration, commencing in mid-April/May.
- Should the company require a longer period, funding can be granted for internships of up to 12 months in duration.
- October - December: companies/research institutions advertise their internships.
- By 30 November: students submit a brief application with accompanying documents.
- Mid-February: the local supervisory office makes a proposal to the student.
- February - March: full application to the internship provider.
- By 31 March: the complete application to be received by the internship provider.
- Mid-April - mid/end of May: successful applicants will receive binding notification of acceptance; IAESTE will contact the student to draft the internship agreement and help with visa applications.
- Brief application
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of enrolment