Vulcanus - an industrial internship and language course in Japan
With its "Vulcanus in Japan" programme, the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation offers EU students the opportunity to complete a language course and internship in Japan.
Table of contents
What does the course provide?
- An internship in Japanese industry.
- A 12-month programme starting in September.
- A 1-week Japan seminar.
- A 4-month intensive Japanese language course.
- An 8-month internship in a Japanese company.
- A grant of 1,900,000 Yen to cover travel to and from Japan, living costs and the seminar and language course.
- Company accommodation.
Who is eligible for funding?
- HTW students with EU citizenship.
- Students of engineering or natural sciences.
- BA students in their 5th semester or MA students.
- Students whose study regulations permit them to spend a year abroad as a recognized part of their degree course, or who can be granted a 1-year leave of absence from their studies.
Aims of the project
- Studying hi-tech Japanese industrial technology.
- Developing an understanding of Japanese culture.
- Learning Japanese.
- Establishing valuable cultural and business links between Japan and Germany.
- Basis: academic record and evaluation.
- Level of English skills.
- Positive attitude to the furthering of EU-Japanese relations.