Electrical Engineering (Master)- Winter Semester 2019/20
Table of contents
This is the track for Engineering students on the Master's level, any subject ranging from Electrical Engineering to Microsystems Technology or Mechatronics… Its core part is an Electrical Engineering project which offers the opportunity to conduct a practical research project. In addition to this you will study up-to-date research developments, gain expert knowledge in the field and learn of its application in the engineering industry. You can complete your semester with several electives, such as a Project Lab in Sciences and Technology.
Requirements for admission
In order to be admitted and to succeed in this track, you have to fulfill certain prerequities:
- You are an enrolled Master's student at a partner university of HTW Berlin.
- You have completed a first Bachelor's degree in in the Engineering field, such as Electrical Engineering, Microsystems Technology, Process Engineering, etc.
- It is understood that basic knowledge in Mathematics, Physics, and Electrical Engineering is expected.
- An advanced level of C1 in English is compulsory.
During your semester or year at HTW Berlin, you are required to select a combination of different programme parts:
- Core Courses: Guaranteed, specific classes of your thematic track (at least 20 ECTS credits)
- Elective Courses (not guaranteed): Courses related to your field of study (optional class, can be selected provided there is no timetable clash)
- General Courses (at least 4 ECTS), e.g.
- German as a Foreign Language during the semester (this is mandatory!)
- other training courses (for example related to intercultural skills) or courses of general interest.
- Intensive German and Orientation Programme (before your first semester starts).