Applying with German certificates
Table of contents
When should you apply directly to HTW Berlin?
Please apply directly to HTW Berlin if
- you obtained your higher education entry qualification or first academic degree in Germany.
- you have successfully completed the Studienkolleg (university preparatory course) of HTW Berlin and wish to apply for a Bachelor’s degree programme.
- you wish to change study programmes within HTW Berlin — regardless whether you obtained your higher education entry qualification or first academic degree in Germany or abroad.
- you would like to apply for the Bachelor programme Building Energy and Building Information Technology with Orientation Year
- you would like to apply for the Master programme International and Development Economics.
- you are applying for a career-integrated Master’s study programme or the Master of Business Administration and Engineering study programme — even if you obtained your first academic degree abroad.
- you passed the aptitude test for a study programme at HTW Berlin.
Fill in the online application form of HTW Berlin. After sending your application, you will automatically receive
- an applicant number
- a list of any documents that must be submitted and the postal address to which you must send hard copies of your documents.
Submit the requested application documents
After sending your online application, you will be informed whether you need to submit any documents or certificates as hard copies for your application. Based on your application details, the system automatically generates a list of required documents. Please download this list and print it out. It is essential for compiling your application documents. Apply well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to gather together the required documents and obtain officially attested copies. The documents must be received by post by HTW Berlin before the application deadline.
Reporting subsequent changes
If you want to report changes to your contact details later on (e.g. address or phone number), please send this information by email to the Student Service Centre. Please state your applicant number and your chosen study programme in the subject line of the email. Subsequent application-related changes (e.g. if you wish to change your chosen study programme or study type) are only possible if you fill out a new online application.
Checking the current status of your application
You can find out about the current processing status of your application via the applicant portal
You will need your user name and password. These were sent to you by email.
Please only use the applicant portal and do not enquire by email or telephone. Notices of admission or refusal will be available in the applicant portal approximately four weeks after the application deadline.