Table of contents

Reimbursement of the semester fee

Did you pay too much or don't you want to study any more? You can apply for a (partial) reimbursement of the semester fee if you

Send your filled and signed original (!) request for reimbursement to the Student Service Centre. Requests without original signature cannot be processed.

Please note that we have to withhold the administrative fee and - if paid - the penalty for late re-registration.

In case of de-registration or withdrawal you are losing your right for possessing the HTW StudentCard (HSC). The HSC has to be emptied from all credits and returned imediately and evidently to the Student Services department. In these cases, reimbursement will only get processed if the HSC returned to the Student Services of HTW Berlin, Treskowallee 8, 10318 Berlin.

If you are not able to return your HSC in person, it is possible to send it to us evidently by registered mail (2,85 EUR/Deutsche Post).

Reimbursement of the semester ticket

You can apply for a partial reimbursement of the semester ticket if you

  • withdraw from your study place after the semester begins or
  • de-register after the semester begins.

You will find the application in the LSFor you can submit it in person at the Student Service Center. This is also where you will have to return your HTW StudentCard.

Career-integrated and further education Master’s study programmes

If you do not commence your studies or if you withdraw within four weeks after the semester begins, half of the semester fee will be retained. If you terminate your studies at a later point in time, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement.