Proof of English proficiency
Table of contents
When do you require proof of English proficiency?
If you are applying for a study programme conducted entirely in English, you are required to proof the existence of a minimum level of English language proficiency with a recognised language test. Awarding of a place on the programme is dependent on this requirement. The minimum level shall be indicated via a verifiable language test result to be presented by the applicant in the form of specific lanaguage test result.
Degree programmes requiring proof of language proficiency
Recognised language tests
- Test of English as a Foreign Language — TOEFL
- International Business: at least a score of 95
- Construction and Real Estate Management: at least a score of 87
- International English language Testing System — IELTS
- International Business: at least a score of 7.0
- Construction and Real Estate Management: at least a score of 5.0
- English for Speakers of Other Languages — ESOL
- Test of English for International Communication — TOEIC
- PTE Academic Tests:
- International Business: at least 76 points
- Cambridge English: Advanced — CAE C1
TOEIC at HTW Berlin
HTW Berlin offers the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) including a preparatory course. You will automatically receive an invitation to do the TOEIC at HTW Berlin with your notice of admission.
This does not apply if you submit your application via uni-assist, as in this case proof of language proficiency is required by the application deadline.