Table of contents
Please refer to the Corona FAQs for information on part-time study during the final semeste
[Translate to Englisch:] https://www.htw-berlin.de/coronavirus/faq-fuer-studierende/organisation-des-semesters/
- If you are studying part time, it is up to you to put together your study programme plan. Questions relating to choosing modules should be addressed to your faculty administration or your study programme advisor.
- During part-time study, you will not receive any German state student grant or loan (BaföG), as your working time is not being fully used for studying (Section 2 no. 5 BAföG). Please obtain information from the BaföG office before applying for part-time study.
- The periods of study that you complete on a part-time basis will be counted towards the regular period of study.
- Part-time semester count as full university semester and half subject-related semester.
- If you are entitled to unemployment benefit 2 while studying part-time, you can be exempted from paying the semester ticket both completely before and proportionately in the middle of the semester.
Please change your part-time study status back to full-time study by the stipulated deadlines if you no longer wish to study part time. Please send the revocation of part-time studies form to the Student Service Centre by email from your HTW-account. The form is also available on the LSF.
Do not forget to re-register!
Please submit an informal application to the Examination Office if you would also like to complete your final semester on a part-time basis. The status as a part-time student does not mean that the time required to complete the thesis will be extended.