Grant from the social fund for semester ticket
The semester ticket is a ticket for the public transport. It gives you permission to use its transportation as buses or local railway in the tariff zones A, B, and C. The purchase of a semester ticket for public transport in Berlin and the surrounding area has been mandatory for all students of HTW Berlin.
According to §2, Section 2 of the Social Funds Statutes you can apply for a grant if you find yourself in financial difficulties or other special hardship.
When applying for grants to the semester ticket out of the Social Funds your semester ticket is not to be devaluated.
Table of contents
- provides advice and works on applications for grant from the social fund to the semester ticket
- provides advice about exemption from the semester ticket
TA A K041
- Monday: 10am-12pm,
- Wednesday: 12:30 to 14:30,
- Friday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and
- Appointment by e-mail
The request for a grant to the semester ticket out of the Social Funds can only be considered within the re-registration deadline (please consider the exceptions for new students).
Please inform yourself about the requirements.
The application will be processed as soon as complete documentation is submitted to the Semesterticketbüro. The following documents need to be submitted - regardless the reason for application:
- complete rental agreement and if applicable proof rent increase or extension
- up to date proof of BAFöG
- proof of child support
- complete, gapless and uncensored bank account statements of all bank accounts and deposits, with period of 3 months
Every reason stated is to be proved by applicable documents.
The application form ist provided in the LSF.