Searching and applying for jobs/ internships in Germany for international students
|Start||17. August 2022 10:00|
|Ende||17. August 2022 13:00|
|Ort||online im Moodle-Kurs des Career Service|
This event is for you if
- you are looking for a job, side job or internship in Germany.
- you want to start working this autumn or winter, i.e. beginning of January 2023 or earlier!
- you are an international or refugee student of HTW Berlin. HTW-Integras are very welcome too!
Where and how can I look for an internship, a job, a working student or thesis position in Berlin and Germany? And what's the difference between an internship and a working student position? How long in advance do I need to start searching and applying?
What do you need to know when applying in Germany since every country has different "rules" regarding job applications? The Career Service explains how to write convincing applications and what's important for employers in Germany. We also pick up on common mistakes international students make, which might lead to them getting rejected.
We highly recommend to attend the whole event. If this is not possible, you are very welcome to join us for the time you are available. The part about writing convincing applications starts after about an hour. We've scheduled small breaks too.
- Small overview of (Berlin's) job market
- Job seach strategies: Kinds of Job Platforms, Finding Employers, (Online) Career Fairs, Speculative Job Applications and Networking
- Which things are important for employers in Germany?
- How do I write a convincing application in Germany (cover letter and CV)?
What do I write in my CV and how? Which categories are part of a German CV?
How does a cover letter look like in Germany? What do I write in my cover letter and how?
What is important? What is different in Germany?
- Time for your questions!
- The job search part is about search strategies and NOT about naming specific job platforms!!!
- Visa and residence permits are NOT part of this event.
This event is in English and takes place online in the Career Service Moodle course. Join us in BigBlueButton. Please be a few minutes early so that potential technical difficulties can be resolved. Thank you. The event starts on time! No prior registration necessary!
with: Anne-Kathrin Böttcher, HTW-Career Service (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send us an e-mail if you have any questions regarding the event: email@example.com
This is a live event which won't be recorded. If you are unable to attend the event you can find information regarding the topics here: Career Service Moodle course
This event is financed from DAAD's Integra project.
HTW alumni are welcome at the Career Service up to one year after finishing their studies. Please note that your Moodle account expires shortly after leaving univeristy. If your Moodle account has already expired, you can attend by sending us an e-mail up to three working days in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org