Fashion Design (Bachelor) - Winter Semester 2019/20
This is the track for students in the fields of Fashion Design and Textile Technology.
It offers courses taught in English covering different aspects of the design process – from sketch to finish, such as Creative Pattern Development, Illustration Techniques, CAD in Fashion, Processing Technology and the Fashion Presentation. In addition to this, you can attend a range of extra-curricular classes on a variety of subjects such as Design Thinking and Interdisciplinary Problem Solving, Art and Architecture in Berlin or Introduction to the Japanese Culture.
We offer enough courses on this track for you to gain 30 ECTS credits during your semester at HTW Berlin.
Requirements for admission
In order to be admitted and to succeed in this track, you have to fulfill certain prerequities:
- You are an enrolled student at a partner university of HTW Berlin.
- You will have covered at least four semesters in a design study programme prior to enrolment at our university.
- As an applicant, you will go through an additional selection process at HTW Berlin based on a portfolio of your past work which you have to submit along with your general application.
- An advanced evel of English (proven C1 level) is compulsory.
During your semester or year at HTW Berlin, you are required to select a combination of different programme parts:
- Core Courses, i.e. specific classes of your thematic track (at least 15 ECTS credits)
- German as a Foreign Language during the semester (this is mandatory!)
- Orientation Programme (before your first semester starts).