Industrial Design (Bachelor) - Winter Semester 2019/20
This is the track for students in the fields of Communication Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interior or Automotive Design and similar disciplines...
The track offers two long-term and one short-term design project taught in English during the exchange semester. In these interdisciplinary projects you are required to solve a design problem within a small team of students and present your results at the end of the course. In addition to this, you can attend a range of extra-curricular courses on a variety of subjects such as Design Thinking, Experiments in Moulded Forms, Art and Architecture in Berlin or Becoming a Global Graduate. We offer enough courses on this track for you to gain 30 ECTS credits during your semester at HTW Berlin.
Requirements for admission
In order to be admitted and to succeed in this track, you have to fulfill certain prerequities:
- You are an enrolled student at a partner university of HTW Berlin.
- You will have covered at least four semesters in a design study programme prior to enrolment at our university.
- As an applicant, you will go through an additional selection process at HTW Berlin based on a portfolio of your past work which you have to submit along with your general application.
- A good level of English (proven B2 level) is compulsory.
During your semester or year at HTW Berlin, you are required to select a combination of different programme parts:
- Core Courses, i.e. specific classes of your thematic track (at least 15 ECTS credits)
- Elective Courses, i.e. courses related to your field of study (optional class, can be selected provided there is no timetable clash)
- General Courses (at least 4 ECTS), e.g.
- German as a Foreign Language during the semester (this is mandatory!)
- other training courses (for example related to intercultural skills) or courses of general interest.
- Intensive German and Orientation Programme (before your first semester starts).