ID 502/2024 - PhD Student - Artificial Intelligence (m/f/d)
Pay group 13 | part-time 75% | 4-year fixed-term contract
This position serves the further training of early-career researchers, i.e. their own academic qualification, by work on a doctoral project.
- Implementation of an independent research project on the topic "Operational safeguarding of AI systems by means of explainability"
- Application of machine learning (ML) methods for safety-critical control tasks
- Investigation, application and extension of methods of "explainable artificial intelligence" for the assurance of functional safety of AI-supported control solutions
- Prototypical implementation, testing and demonstration of methods in concrete applications, for example, automated driving in rail traffic
- Leading lecture-based or laboratory courses in accordance with the applicable LVVO (currently 3 LVS)
- Supervision of student projects and theses
- Preparation of scientific documentation and publications for conferences and specialist journals
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in computer engineering, computer science, electrical engineering, or a comparable field of study
- In-depth knowledge of programming in C++ / Python
- Previous knowledge in the application of frameworks for ML and/or in computer vision, functional safety and systems engineering is an advantage
- Didactic methodology and skills and experience in university teaching are desirable
- Good English language skills; German language skills are an advantage
- Ability to take gender and diversity aspects into account in research and teaching
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, flexibility, independence and goal-oriented style of working
We look forward to your application!
- Please apply via our application portal Please quote reference ID: 502/2024
- Application deadline: 29.02.2024
- Contact person: Prof. Dr.-Ing. C. Thomas by Mail Carsten.Thomas@HTW-Berlin.de
We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have: Bewerbung-Personal@htw-berlin.de.