ID 927/2023 - Research Assistant (pre-doc) – Physics / Materials Science / Electrical Engi-neering (m/w/d)
in the field of non-destructive evaluation methods development and their industrial application
Faculty 1 | German public service pay scale E13| Full- and part-time possible |
Temporary contract until 31.03.2027, subsequent further employment in future projects is intended
This will be your tasks:
- Design, develop, and implement advanced sensor technologies as well as NDE techniques for the evaluation of industrial components, processes and structures
- Evaluate measurement data for process optimization, service life prediction and maintenance planning
- Implement, test, and demonstrate the developed methods / devices as prototypes in cooperation with project partners
- Optionally complete a PhD in the above-mentioned field in cooperation with a University partner (cooperative dissertation) - this is desired and supported
- Supervise student projects and theses and support teaching tasks
- Report research findings at project meetings, international scientific conferences, and in relevant scientific journals
- Master degree in physics, materials science, electrical engineering or a related field of study
- Highly motivated, scientifically curios, and attentive to detail
- Creative and pragmatic way of working in combination with strong problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Experience in programming, data analysis, sensor technologies, machine learning, computer vision and materials science are beneficial
- Ability to consider and integrate gender as well as diversity aspects
We are seeking a highly motivated research assistant to join our team of experts in the field of Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) methods development and their industrial application. Within the framework of the position sponsored by the Franz-W. Aumund Foundation, the opportunity to complete a dissertation is granted and expressly supported.
We look forward to your application!
- Apply online at: htw.berlin/bewerbung-personal Please quote reference ID: 927/2023
- Application deadline: 29.05.2023
- Contact person: Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Rico Meier | Rico.Meier@HTW-Berlin.de
We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have: Bewerbung-Personal@htw-berlin.de.