ID 935/2023 - Research Scientist (f/m/o)
in the third-party funded project “ESIA – highly efficient, enzymatic sialylation of oligosaccharides”
Department 2 | Pay group 13 | Part-time 80 % | fixed-term contract until 30.06.2026
- Development and elaboration of methods for the preparation of sugar nucleotides and sialylated oligosaccharides in analytical and (semi-)
- Molecular cloning, heterologous expression and purification of sialyltransferases
- Development and application of analytical methods to characterize neutral and sialylated glycan structures
- Laboratory management / administrative tasks
- Participation in the dissemination of results (e.g. publications, conferences)
- Presentation of results at scientific and project workshops / events
- Advanced degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, chemical process engineering, molecular biology or a related subject; A M.Sc. degree or Ph.D. would be seen favourably, as would be a M.Eng.
- Extensive practical laboratory experience
- Profound knowledge of glycobiology, enzymology and protein chemistry
- Experience in planning and conducting biochemical experiments and the associated data analysis
- Self-motivated and well organized way of working with ability to collaborate effectively
- Commitment and motivation to work on demanding projects
- Good communications skills in English; additional German skills are a plus
- Ability to consider and integrate gender and diversity aspects in your work environment
We look forward to your application!
- Apply online at: https://karriere.htw-berlin.de/bewerbung/5366
- Please quote reference ID: 935/2023
- Application deadline: 05.06.2023
- Contact person: Prof. Hans Henning von Horsten via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have: Bewerbung-Personal@htw-berlin.de.