HTW Berlin strives to ensure barrier-free access for everyone. Both the Treskowallee campus and the Wilhelminenhof campus offer access for the disabled. This includes:
- Dropped kerbs at all sites
- Ground-level access or ramps to all buildings
- Disabled parking spaces in front of all buildings
- Sufficient number of disabled WCs in all buildings
- Lifts with voice announcements and Braille or raised buttons for the visually impaired
- No barriers or obstacles in buildings
- Special guidance system/signage for the disabled
A sufficient number of disabled parking spaces are available at both locations. Disabled students and employees can apply for a free parking permit or a personal parking space subject to certain conditions. For initial enquiries, please contact the Disability Officers of HTW Berlin.
Guidance & support
- Disabled and chronically ill students can contact the Disability Officer of HTW Berlin by email, telephone or in person at any time — also before beginning their studies.
- The interests of disabled employees are represented by the Disability Representative and the Assistant Disability Representatives.
- The University Library provides staff support for disabled students and offers additional support such as extended borrowing periods.
- The Information Technology Centre at HTW Berlin offers technical and staff support for disabled students.
- The Central Unit Sports at HTW Berlin offers activities for disabled students employees in its sports programme.