Before leaving Berlin and returning to your home country, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- In case you are staying at one of our dormitories: Inform the dormitory's administration of your moving out date and your bank details for the deposit refund. Also arrange your moving out and viewing with the janitor (Hausmeister)
- If necessary, obtain signatures/stamps from the International Office at HTW Berlin e.g. for your Erasmus+ documents, confirmation of stay abroad, etc. These documents can be obtained from the International Office of your home university. Please prepare all required documents so only the signature/stamp is missing.
- Punctual cancellation of your health insurance (applies only to non EU-students)
- Return any borrowed media to the library.
- De-register from the local citizens' registration office (Bürgeramt) anytime within the period of one week before and two weeks after your departure. It is recommended to book your appointment a few weeks in advance as they are in high demand. The deregistration form can be obtained here.
- Close your local bank account in case you do not need it anymore.
We hope to stay in touch with you and that you enjoyed your stay at HTW Berlin!