Since October 2009, HTW Berlin has presented an annual award for outstanding services in applied research and cooperation with companies. The award money can be used by the award recipient for research purposes of their choosing.
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- International research cooperation
- Support for young researchers (doctorates)
The award recipient is selected by an award committee. The committee is composed of:
- the President
- the Vice-President for Research
- last year’s award recipient
- the Head of Cooperation Centre for Applied Sciences
The decision of the committee must be unanimous. If the committee is unable to reach an agreement, the award is not presented in this round. The award may not be given to the same person twice.