HTW Berlin cultivates a very broad understanding of transfer that encompasses various forms of cooperation in research, teaching and further education as well as the exchange of information, knowledge, services, technologies and people The research-based and business-oriented transfer of knowledge and technology is increasingly being expanded to include "Third Mission" activities.
To make this wide-ranging understanding of transfer visible and to acknowledge outstanding achievements, HTW Berlin presents a Transfer Award since 2020. The award is endowed with 4,000 euros.
Acknowledgement of activities
The Transfer Award is presented to professors in recognition of outstanding services to transfer. The award acknowledges the following activities:
- the development and maintenance of strategic cooperation partnerships with practice partners in teaching or research,
- start-up support in teaching and research,
- actively engaging with an audience outside the scientific community by offering innovative, citizen-oriented formats,
- civic engagement and cooperation at the district level,
- inventions, patents, utility models and participation and involvement in the successful exploitation of intellectual property rights,
- commitment to diversity, social inclusion and accessibility in education,
- engagement in professional and trade associations, expert and consultant activities.
An award committee will decide on the winner of the Transfer Award.