Berlin Institute for Applied Research (IFAF)
Since 2009, the Berlin Institute for Applied Research (Institut für angewandte Forschung Berlin) has brought together Berlin's four state-governed universities of applied science with the goal of bundling their wide-ranging research competences. It also seeks to support application-oriented cooperation projects which strengthen collaboration with SMEs in the region and promote the transfer of knowledge and technology.
Table of contents
Participating universities of applied sciences
- Alice Salomon Hochschule (ASH Berlin)
- Beuth Hochschule für Technik (Beuth Hochschule Berlin)
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW Berlin)
- Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht (HWR Berlin)
The institute is funded by the Senate Chancellery for Science and Research of the Mayor of Berlin.
IFAF Berlin has four competence centres:
- Applied Computing at HTW Berlin
- Engineering at Beuth Hochschule Berlin
- Integration and Health at ASH Berlin
- Business and Management at HWR Berlin