In your daily life as a student you will find yourself faced with many challenges, not only academically but also personally. Some students may experience periods of difficulty, problems with concentration, feelings of being overwhelmed and/or anxiety. Support for such problems is available from our psychological counsellors. In a confidential setting, you can talk about study-related problems and areas of personal conflict. Your psychological counsellor will talk through your problems with you and help you to find solutions. Although we do not offer psychotherapy, we can provide information about suitable forms of therapy. Don't hesitate to ask for an individual counselling appointment. It is gratis and confidential.
We offer individual appointments online or offline. Please let us know, what you prefer. If it is important to you, please tell us your preferred Campus for the appointment.
For an individual appointment, please contact us via e-Mail
We will send you available time slots.
Upcoming events and workshops
A range of events and workshops are available to help you build skills to respond to the demands of life at university.
We offer several events in German as well as in English. The dates and topics are updated every month, so keep checking this page for updates.
As it is often difficult to separate between study-related issues and personal problems, our counselling services cover a broad range of areas. Common reasons for counselling include fear of exams and tests, chronic procrastination, difficulties with self-organisation, concentration problems, learning problems, frequent feelings of being overwhelmed, dissatisfaction with studies, chronic exhaustion, persistent depression, anxiety, recurrent conflicts in relationships, social difficulties, crisis situations and addiction problems. You can seek support from our counsellors at any time during your studies.
Materials and Handouts
Materials and handouts in English
Materials and handouts in German
- Durststrecke meistern: Über Motivation im Studium [PDF]
- Strukturierte Prüfungsvorbereitung [PDF]
- Psychisch gesund durch die Pandemie [PDF]
- Prüfungsangst [PDF]
- Tipps zum E-Learning [PDF]
- Selbstfürsorge [PDF]
- Anleitung zur Erstellung eines Wochenplans und einer To-do-Liste [PDF]
- Wochenplan [PDF]
- To-Do-Liste [PDF]
- Merkblatt sexuelle Belästigung [PDF]
- Redeangst – Tipps zur Selbsthilfe [PDF]
- Selbstorganisation: strukturiert und motiviert studieren [PDF]
- Strategien gegen das Aufschieben [PDF]
- Stressbewältigung [PDF]
- Hinweise für Lehrkräfte zu psychisch belasteten Studierenden [PDF]
- Videos Thema: Lernen lernen
- Entspannt und achtsam durchs Semester
- Resilient studieren
- Aufschieben endlich abschreiben!
- Besser Lernen!
- Selbstbewusst mit anderen