due to upcoming Construction at TA Building A Department of Students Services no personal consultation can be offered by the Student Management teams.
The best and fastest way to reach the Student Management teams during this time is via the contact form or via the extended telephone consultation hours. Please feel free to check the respective website for information on the adjusted ways to contact the teams.
There are three ways to contact our Student Management:
Table of contents
Application, Admission and Enrolement
We take care of all aspects of your application for a study place, your admission and your enrolement at HTW Berlin. We also deal with all issues regarding your re-registration for every following study term. We verify your application, carry out the official admission procedures and help you with your first steps as a student at HTW Berlin.
Student-Life-Cycle incl. Examinations Management
After your successful enrolement at HTW Berlin, we continue to accompany you throughout your entire student life cycle and take care of possible applications for holiday semesters, part-time studying or exmatriculation as well as any notifications of change. We are also responsible for any examination-related issues such as:
- the final processing of accredited modules and examinations when changing study programme or university,
- examination registrations,
- repeatability of modules and examinations,
- grades and module certificates, degree certificates and grade transcripts,
- applications to complete the Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis,
- dealing with any uncertainties regarding accreditation of modules or deciding whether additional modules are required when changing universities/study programmes, students who wish to discontinue their studies or are behind with their study programme,
- automatic de-registration in the case of irrevocably failed modules or failure to fulfil the study programme requirements,
- issuing of duplicates and legalisation/officially attested copies of degree certificates and grade transcripts,
- preliminary attestation of degree certificates for use abroad.
The Examination Board of your study programme is responsible for the following examination-related issues:
The Examination Board is appointed by the faculty committee for each study programme and
- decides on the accreditation of modules and examinations,
- decides on appeals against assessments of modules and examinations on the basis of written justification,
- decides on potential disadvantage compensation,
- grants permission for students to write their final thesis,
- is responsible for approving changes to the thesis title or topic or the withdrawal of a topic and for the extension of the writing period for a final thesis.