Synergy of educational, scientific, management and industrial components for climate management and climate change prevention (CLIMAN)
The project envisaged training of qualified climate managers. For this purpose, project teams will study best EU practices, select and train staff, update existing Master degree programs in environmental protection and management by developing an interdisciplinary training module in climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
The quality of training and competencies of climate managers will be thoroughly evaluated by all groups of stakeholder aiming to ensure their professionalism; project activities will be organized in partner countries and in the EU. Climate Management Centers will be set up to ensure the interaction of industrial and transport sectors, power industry, local authorities and partner universities towards implementing of the plan to decarbonize the various sectors of the economy of partner countries, promoting climate innovations by supporting the implementation of “climate-innovative startups” at all stages of implementation from generation of business model to entering into sales transactions.
The aim of the project is to help the universities of Georgia, the Republic of Belarus and Ukraine to become centers for the development of research of climate management to accelerate integration into the global climate market and to meet global climate regulation requirements by acquiring best European practices in the field of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
1. Update the existing master desgree programs by developing an interdisciplinary training module "Climate Management".
2. Establish consulting Climate Management Centers at partner universities and ensure their sustainable development;
3. Facilitate the development and strengthening of institutional capacity of partner universities aiming to develop recommendations for the industrial, transport, energy, tourism sectors and local authorities in the sphere of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation. Indicators of progress in the project implementation are the following (progress indicators for each WP are specified in the LFM in detail):
1. The number of high-quality, multi-skilled specialists trained for comprehensive addressing of the challenges of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
2.Good national organizational structure for professionals in climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation.
3. Qualitatively organized system of support of the development of climate regulation programs at national and regional level.
The historically conditioned common Soviet past of Ukraine, Georgia and the Republic of Belarus and the present joint processes of integration into the EU legislative space (including integration into the field of climate change prevention, adaptation and mitigation) determines the very similar results of the project implementation in these countries for the main target groups, and for the development of potential and modernization of higher education, and internationalization of higher education institutions, therefore further they will be considered together.
CLIMAN Project Website: https://climancoordinator.wixsite.com/climan
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Mirko Barz (Projektleitung)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. Petra Bittrich (Teilprojektleitung)
- Prof. Dr. Florian Koch (Teilprojektleitung)
- Prof. Dr. Asnakech Laß-Seyoum (Teilprojektleitung)
Netherlands Business Academy, NL
KROK University, UA
Lviv Polytechnic National University, UA
Akaki Tsereteli State University Kutaisiv, GE
Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University, GE
Hultgren Nachhaltigkeitsberatung, DE
Mykolas Romeris University, LT
University of Foggia, IT
Turiba University, LV
Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, UA
West Ukrainian National University, UA