Withdrawing from your study place

Table of contents

Inform the Student Services department

Even if you have already paid the semester fee and accepted your study place in writing, you are free to withdraw from your study place at HTW Berlin. To do this, write an email to the Student Service Centre stating

  • your applicant number and
  • your reasons for withdrawing from your study place.

Return your HTW StudentCard

If you already have your HTW StudentCard, you have to return it back to the Student Service Centre . Please send us a picture of the cut HTW StudentCard vie email with a short notification before the beginning of semester.

Only then can the semester fee be reimbursed.

De-registration certificate not applicable

If you withdraw from your study place as described above, you will not be enrolled. De-registration is therefore not necessary and you will not receive a de-registration certificate.

Reimbursement of the semester fee

  • If you withdraw and return your HTW StudentCard before the semester begins, you can apply for reimbursement of the semester fee minus an administrative fee of 50 euros (and any bank fees incurred).
  • If you withdraw after the semester begins, this will be treated as a normal de-registration; the semester fee cannot be reimbursed. However, you can apply for a pro-rata reimbursement of the semester ticket from the semester ticket office.
  • For Master’s distance-learning study programmes the following applies: If you do not commence your studies or if you withdraw within four weeks after the semester begins, half of the fee for the first semester will be retained. After this point in time you are not entitled to any reimbursement.