Issuing and validation
Table of contents
Your first HTW StudentCard
Before the start of the semester, we will send you via post:
- the activation details for your HTW account and
- information on how to obtain your fully functional HTW StudentCard
Validating your HTW StudentCard
Your HTW StudentCard needs to be updated before the start of every semester. Please take your card to a card validation terminal. Once HTW Berlin has received your re-registration fee and if applicable the semester ticket fee, your HTW StudentCard will be printed with details of its validity for the current semester, your study programme code and, if applicable, the semester ticket.
Replacement card subject to a fee
The issuing of a replacement ID card is subject to a fee if
- you have lost your card
- your card has been stolen
- the card is defective due to improper use
- your name has changed (due to marriage, divorce etc.) or
- your photo on the HTW StudentCard looks significantly different to your current appearance.
In the event of loss or theft, you are required to
- make sure the card is blocked in the canteen (Mensa). Note: Any remaining credit can only be paid out if you have made a note of the Studentenwerk number on the back of the card.
- block the card in the Student Services Centre, for example to ensure that no-one can take out library books in your name.