Proof of German proficiency
Due to the current situation language tests are still cancelled or postponed. To apply successfully for winter semester 2021 please submit with your application a proof of language GER C1 level. A recognised language certificate must then be submitted with enrolment the latest.
The following tests are recognised as proof of language proficiency at HTW Berlin:
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang
- with an overall grade of DSH 2
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache
- TestDaF with at least TDN 4 level in each subtest for all study programmes
- "Prüfungsteil Deutsch" of the final assessment test after completion of the Studienkolleg (university preparatory course)
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz
- “Zweite Stufe” with Level C1 in all 4 sections of the test
- Goethe Zertifikat C2 (GDS)
- telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule
Intermediate-level (Mittelstufe) test certificates are not sufficient.
Further information on recognised German language tests
Proof of English proficiency
If you are applying for a study programme conducted entirely in English, you are required to proof the existence of a minimum level of English language proficiency with a recognised language test. Awarding of a place on the programme is dependent on this requirement. The minimum level shall be indicated via a verifiable language test result to be presented by the applicant in the form of specific lanaguage test result.
Further information on recognised English language tests