Bachelor’s study programmes
Table of contents
To apply directly for a Bachelor’s study programme at HTW Berlin, you require a recognised higher education entry qualification for the State of Berlin, e.g.:
- general university/university of applied sciences entry qualification obtained in Germany
- general university entry qualification obtained from a German school abroad
- Studienkolleg (university preparatory course) completed at HTW Berlin
- vocational qualification in accordance with § 11 BerlHG
Please note the Information from the Berlin Senate Department for Education, Youth and Science on recognition of university of applied science entry qualifications.
If you have chosen a distance-learning study programme, please check the study programme website to see whether proof of completed vocational training is necessary.
For most Bachelor’s study programmes with studies commencing in the first subject semester, HTW Berlin participates in the nationwide allocation of study places via hochschulstart.de. This enables you to view and compare your applications in a single portal, as long as the other universities to which you are applying are also participating in the portal.
Please take the following steps:
- Register with hochschulstart.de.
- Apply – by the application deadline – via the application portal of HTW Berlin.
Enter your user data from Hochschulstart (BID and BAN) into the application portal of HTW Berlin.
Please remember to prioritise your applications on Hochschulstart
Applications with or without documents required in advance
After you have completed your online application, you will be informed whether you need to submit any documents or certificates as hard copies for your application. Further information:
Special rules apply for the following groups of applicants:
- Second degree programme
- Special application (hardship case, disadvantage compensation)
- Vocational qualification holders
- Change in study programme or university transfer
- Guest listeners and guest students