Table of contents
Compulsory internship phase in Germany or abroad
Most Bachelor’s study programmes at HTW Berlin include a set practical phase, usually in the form of an internship semester. The internship can be completed in Germany or abroad. Some study programmes require an internship abroad.
- General requirements, e.g. the goals and principles, duration and assessment of the internship, are stipulated in the framework internship regulations (Rahmenpraktikumsordnung).
- Additional or different requirements can be found in the study regulations for your study programme.
- If you want to apply for an internship, please submit the following documents to the internship coordinator for your study programme:
- the internship application [PDF] and
- the internship contract. A contract template can be found in the framework internship regulations (Annex 3).
- If you want to apply for accreditation of your internship, please submit the following documents to the internship coordinator for your study programme:
- the internship testimonial issued by the organisation where you completed your internship,
- confirmation from the organisation that you completed your internship,
- the internship report.
- In order for your internship to be accredited, please submit copies of these documents to the Examinations Office.
Guidance and counselling
- For information about internships, please see the web pages for your study programme and faculty.
- The internship coordinator for your study programme can answer any questions you may have about internships.
- The Career Service can help with applications and finding an internship.
- The International Office will advise you on financial assistance for internships abroad.