Corona-Virus: Important Notice
Please note that due to the current situation not all information on this page is valid at the moment. Please read our FAQ pages to find out about the measures taken as well as changes in the procedures. The FAQ pages are being continuously updated, so we recommend that you check them regularly.
Table of contents
Compulsory internship phase in Germany or abroad
Most Bachelor’s study programmes at HTW Berlin include a set practical phase, usually in the form of an internship semester. The internship can be completed in Germany or abroad. Some study programmes require an internship abroad.
- General requirements, e.g. the goals and principles, duration and assessment of the internship, are stipulated in the framework internship regulations (Rahmenpraktikumsordnung).
- Additional or different requirements can be found in the study regulations for your study programme.
- If you want to apply for an internship, please submit the following documents to the internship coordinator for your study programme:
- the internship application [PDF] and
- the internship contract. A contract template can be found in the framework internship regulations (Annex 3).
- If you want to apply for accreditation of your internship, please submit the following documents to the internship coordinator for your study programme:
- the internship testimonial issued by the organisation where you completed your internship,
- confirmation from the organisation that you completed your internship,
- the internship report.
- In order for your internship to be accredited, please submit copies of these documents to the Examinations Office.
Recognition of start-up activities within the framework of compulsory internships
The University Council of HTW Berlin has decided in its meeting on 25.5.2020 to extend internship opportunities due to the corona pandemic.
§ Section 3, paragraph 2, sentence 2 of the Internship Regulations (Praxisordnung oder PraxO) is extended as follows for start-ups grounded by 31.1.2021:
"In exceptional cases, the specialist internship can also be carried out by a self-employed commercial or freelance activity (also as a partner or associate or as a managing director or as a founder), if compelling reasons for this exist".
For further details please refer to this information. You can seek consulting here: http://entrepreneurship.htw-berlin.de/gruendung/gruendungsberatung/
Guidance and counselling
- For information about internships, please see the web pages for your study programme and faculty.
- The internship coordinator for your study programme can answer any questions you may have about internships.
- The Career Service can help with applications and finding an internship.
- The International Office will advise you on financial assistance for internships abroad.