Proof of English proficiency

Table of contents

When do you require proof of English proficiency?

If you are applying for a study programme conducted entirely in English, you are required to proof the existence of a minimum level of English language proficiency with a recognised language test. Awarding of a place on the programme is dependent on this requirement. The minimum level shall be indicated via a verifiable language test result to be presented by the applicant in the form of specific lanaguage test result.

Degree programmes requiring proof of language proficiency

Recognised language tests

Name of language testInternational BusinessConstruction and Real Estate Management (NEW language requirements!)
Test of English as a Foreign Language - TOEFL iBTscore 95 score 95
International English Language Testing System - IELTS (Academic)7.07.0
PTE Academic Tests7676
Test of English for International Communication - TOEIC (Listening & Reading)945 points*945 points
Cambride English: Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) and Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)C1C1

Other accepted language certifcates and scores will only be considered in consultation with the Examination Board.

International Business (Bachelor)Additional proof of English language is not required for applicants from English speaking OECD ccountries applying for the undergraduate degree programme International Business.
English as a higher subject in your school leaving certificate is not accepted.
International Business (Master)TOEIC: *Applying for the Master´s degree programme International Business you need to pass the Listening & Reading test AND the Writing & Speaking test (4 skills).




TOEIC at HTW Berlin

HTW Berlin offers the Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) including a preparatory course for prospective applicants.

More information available here.

The number of participants is limited.