Application via the application portal of HTW Berlin
Table of contents
When should you apply directly to HTW Berlin?
Please apply directly to HTW Berlin if
- you obtained your higher education entry qualification or first academic degree in Germany or have a German higher education entry qualification (e.g. attendance at a German school abroad, European Baccalaureate).
- are a national of a Member State of the European Union or a national of a country from the European Economic Area.
- you want to change study programme within HTW Berlin.
- you have successfully completed the Studienkolleg (university preparatory course) in Germany and passed the final assessment test.
- you are applying for one of the following study programmes:
- study programmes without admission restrictions (Bachelor programs: Gebäude- und Informationstechnik, Informations- und Kommunikationstechnik, Mikrosystemtechnik, Maschinenbau and Wrtschaftsmathematik)
- Bachelor’s programmes with aptitude testand Master’s programmes offered by Faculty 5 – School of Design and Culture
- Master’s programme in International and Development Economics and Master Finanzmathematik, Aktuar- und Risikomanagement
- a career-integrated or further education Bachelor’s or Master’s study programme
Fill in the online application form of HTW Berlin. After sending your application, you will automatically receive
- an applicant number and
- the letter with any documents you may need to submit, which you must send by e-mail to bewerbungsunterlagen+<your applicant number>@htw-berlin.de (e.g. email@example.com) within the application period. Therefore, please send your online application well in advance of the application deadline.
Submit the requested application documents
After completing your online application, you will be informed whether you need to submit any documents or certificates for your application. Based on your application details, the system automatically generates a list of required documents. Please download this list. It is essential for compiling your application documents. Make sure you apply well in advance to ensure that you have enough time to gather together the required documents.
Help us to evaluate your documents much faster! Please submit the required documents within the application deadline in digital form via email to bewerbungsunterlagen+<your applicant number>@htw-berlin.de only:
- Submit your files preferably in PDF format. Image file formats (JPG) are accepted exceptionally
- Mind good readability as well as quality of your files
- Arrange multi-page documents in right page order (e.g. transcripts)
- If several documents are required please submit them in various files separately (e.g. A-level and copy of your ID makes two files)
- Select an appropriate file name (e.g. transcript_HTW Berlin)
In case of questions, please send an email to the Student Service Centre.
Reporting subsequent changes
If you want to make changes to your contact details (e.g. address or telephone number)
- please change them directly in the Hochschulstart portal if you are applying for a Bachelor's programme that is being coordinated via hochschulstart.de.
- in all other cases please send an email to the Student Service Centre. Please state your applicant number and your chosen study programme in the subject line of the email.
Subsequent application-related changes (e.g. if you wish to change your chosen study programme or study type) are only possible if you fill out a new online application.
Submitted applications can no longer be amended. If you wish to add information or have noticed a mistake and your application has not yet been processed by the university, you will have to cancel your application before you can make any changes. The university will not process your application until you have resubmitted it by the application deadline.
Checking the current status of your application
You can find out about the current processing status of your application via the application portal of the HTW Berlin.You will need the login details that were sent to you by email after you submitted your application. If you want to check the status of your application, please only use the application portal and do not enquire by email or telephone. Notices of admission or refusal will be sent out approximately four weeks after the application deadline via the application portal.