Exemption & reimbursement
Table of contents
Reimbursement of the semester fee
You can apply for a partial reimbursement of the semester fee minus an administrative fee of 50 euros if you
- withdraw from your study place before the start of the semester
- de-registered before the start of the semester
- paid a higher semester fee than necessary. Send an email or a letter to the Student Service Centre stating
- your Student ID number,
- the reason for reimbursement (overpayment),
- your bank account details (IBAN, SWIFT, account holder name).
If you de-register after the beginning of the semester or if you return your student card after the semester has started, you are only entitled to a pro-rata reimbursement of the semester ticket.
Reimbursement of the semester ticket
You can apply for a full or partial reimbursement of the semester ticket if you
- withdraw from your study place before the semester begins or
- de-register after the semester begins.
Career-integrated and further education Master’s study programmes
If you do not commence your studies or if you withdraw within four weeks after the semester begins, half of the semester fee will be retained. If you terminate your studies at a later point in time, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement.